Could the welding finally be done?

8 12 2010

So, today i went a-welding again. Maybe for the last time on the project! I welded tabs onto the frame to mount the sheet of aluminum that holds the electronics, as well as made one major modification of the battery frame because there was one section that was too short.

The only pic i have so far is this one that I was using to show the “thinking stool” over at (!-(again…))… Read the rest of this entry »

Electronics Mounting

6 12 2010

Well, every day brings a little more progress, which is good.  The current issue is how to mount the electronics to the motorcycle frame.

I have a sheet of 1/8″ aluminum that i’ve cut to the right size, but still the issue is how to make sure i can create and mount stands on the moto frame (or battery frame) that will be secure and strong.

I do have one idea that involves welding tabs onto the moto frame that and then bolting some stands on to the tabs.  If i can, i’ll draw it up.

That’s it for now.

Adventures in Welding…

7 11 2010

Well, maybe not quite “Adventures”…more like “sitting around thinking about how the hell i’m going to get this welding done”.

In any case, the majority of the time on the project has been learning how to weld, and thinking about how to weld.  I ended up TIG welding aluminum angle together into frames that would hold each of the 9 battery packs in various orientations.

Here are some pics of the starting of the welding process.  Keep in mind that this is from freaking MARCH! And i’m still not done yet… Read the rest of this entry »